Date(s) - 2019.06.24 - 2019.06.26
We cordially invite you to participate in the 9th Symposium on “Microalgae and Seaweed Products in Plant/Soil-Systems” to be held in Mosonmagyaróvár, Hungary, 25-26 June 2019. Scientists from Europe and other continents in the field of potential and practical use of algae for plant and/or soil treatment will be attending.
The Symposium will be focused on the “SABANA” project funded from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme
The main topics of the Symposium will cover the following areas:
1. New Tools for Microalgae Biotechnology
2. Plant Bio-stimulants
3. Antimicrobial Compounds and Bio-pesticides from Microalgae
4. Microalgae Biomass in Aquaculture and Animal Feeding
5. Photobioreactors for Agricultural Purposes: Pilot and Large Scale Construction and Operation
The organisers intend to organise the 9th Symposium to bring together:
1. Scientists who have experience in plant production, using different compounds with plant bio-stimulating effects.
2. Scientists who have been investigating the effects of microalgae and seaweed in plant/soil-systems.
3. Animal breeders who have experience in using microalgae in aquaculture or feeding livestock.
4. Bioengineers of microalgae cultivation-production.
5. Chief scientists or managers of companies, who are marketing microalgal or seaweed products.
Presentations will be held by prominent keynote speakers on fields of:
– plant growth regulation and plant production
– microalgae and seaweed, which can be used for plant improvement and influence of plant/soil-systems
– technical aspects of microalgae cultivation and production
Please attend, present your results and new findings, become acquainted with our experience in the field of freshwater cyanobacteria and microalgae for agricultural purposes, and discuss new methods which may contribute to microalgal biotechnology.
With best regards from the Symposium organisers and we hope to see you soon.
Prof. Dr. Vince Ördög
Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, Széchenyi István University, Hungary
Prof. Dr. Franciso Gabriel Acién Fernández
University of Almeria, Spain