Date(s) - 2021.05.18 - 2021.05.22
The International Soil Modeling Consortium aims to integrate and advance soil systems modeling, data gathering,and observational capabilities, through:
- bringing together leading experts in modelling soil processes within all major soil disciplines
- addressing major scientific gaps in describing key processes and their long term impacts with respect to the different functions and ecosystem services provided by soil;
- promoting integration of soil modelling expertise in neighboring disciplines (climate, land surface, eco, hydro, and other models)
- performing soil model intercomparison studies at local to global scales
- consolidating soil and other data platforms for modeling purposes
- integrating societal and environmental considerations into soil and ecosystem functioning
ISMC respects, values, and welcomes all people and their differences, and we are committed to action that fosters diversity, equity, and inclusion in all activities.
We trust ISMC members and visitors to ISMC activities to show that same respect.